Tier 1 Investor Visa | Investor visas & indefinite leave to remain (ILR)
TIER 1 INVESTOR VISA
The Tier 1 Investor Visa is designed to allow high net worth individuals make a substantial financial investment in the United Kingdom. Unlike the work permit scheme, you do not need a job offer to apply under the investor category. When you apply you are awarded points based on your ability to invest £2,000,000 in the United Kingdom.
You can apply under the investor category now if you are:
1. In the United Kingdom and want to make an initial application as an investor (known as switching).
2. Already in the United Kingdom as a Tier 1 Investor or as an investor under the former category, and want to extend your permission to stay within the Tier 1 Investor category
3. Applying for permission to enter the United Kingdom (known as 'entry clearance') under the investor category.
What you can do and what you cannot do under this category:
1. You can invest £2,000,000 or more in UK government bonds, share capital or loan capital in active and the trading UK registered companies. You will be able to work or study in the UK.
2. You can apply for indefinite leave to remain after 2 years if you invest £10 million or after 3 years if you have invested £5 million.
Extending your leave to remain:
1. There has been a number of immigration changes as well as changes to the specified documents required.
2. If you have been granted leave to remain prior to the changes in 6th of November 2014, there are certain rules which apply to your extension of leave as well as your application to become a settled person.
Investor visas & indefinite leave to remain (ILR)
The length of time required to qualify for ILR/permanent residence depends on the amount of investment, as follows:
• Investment of £2 Million
As an investor, you will qualify for indefinite leave to remain (ILR) after five years, provided that you have invested £2,000,000 in the UK.
• Investment of £5 million
If you invest £5,000,000 you will be able to apply for ILR after the investment has been in place for three years.
In order to qualify for settlement (ILR) investors are not permitted to spend more than 180 days outside the UK in any 12 calendar month period.
You can read more information on the following: https://theimmigrationadvisor.com/service/7/tier-1-investor-visa